What I've been up to lately...

Friday, April 26, 2013

Kids Clothing Week: Days 3 and 4

So...I was happily sewing these adorable little hats together
when "CLUNK"
my sewing machine made a noise it should definitely NOT make..
And then it started feeding the fabric backwards!  BACKWARDS!!!
A quick disassemble, clean, reassemble of the bobbin case area didn't solve the problem - you never know, sometimes it does!
So, sadly, in the middle of kids clothes week, my machine has become a patient at our nearest sewing machine hospital.  Hopefully she will make a swift and complete recovery.
Now, what to do for kids clothes week without a sewing machine...
hmmm....
Maybe I'll cut and pin some pieces that I've been wanting to get to and let them pile up awaiting my machine's return home.
In the meantime, I can share some photos of a few projects that are already complete but I haven't posted about yet...
Here's the first:
Donkeys in Boots Spring Coats
I posted a quick photo here when I completed Avery's coat during Celebrate the Boy.  But I've since made one for Zander too.
They make quite a pair...
 the boys...
and the coats.
I'm so glad it's finally warm enough for spring coats!  I almost thought we were going to go from ski jackets straight into bathing suits this year.
Thank goodness for a little springtime weather!
I used the 2-in-1 jacket pattern from Sewing for Boys.  The fabric is Jack and Jenny by Laurie Wisbrun with a dark wash denim on the reverse.
I used the flannel from a couple of old receiving blankets to add a layer of warmth between the fabrics.
Don't you love how we've accessorized with the backwards fireman hat...
and these sneaks...
And we used delicious rocks as props.
Just kidding, ha-ha-ha-ha.

6 comments:

  1. The hats are adorable!! And so are the coats! My machine broke down during PR&P too -- so aggravating when you've got momentum and have a "deadline!" PS: are the hats O&S?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, it's really frustrating! The hat pattern is the "Let's Go Fishing Hat" also from the Sewing for Boys book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hats - Echino fabric is a big favourite of mine! The donkey coats look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the donkey fabrics and love the hat fabrics - so cute! But, I'm sorry about your sewing machine - I hope she's all fixed by now and back home where she belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Titanium Hockey - Танаъзам Тонная Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов Прапойнов
    МОеСти ford focus titanium hatchback ОСти where is titanium found МИСти МИСти titanium max trimmer МИСти titanium block МИСти М� titanium screws

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...